Thursday, February 10, 2011

Looking for suggestions...

This is a house block, 4 1/2" square, that I received from participating in a Blogland Neighborhood thingy that was hosted by Beth at www.lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com.  She sent this block to all who participated.  (Isn't it adorable?)  I would like to make a bed-sized quilt out of it but this is as far as I got.  Any suggestions as to where to go from here?  Right now it's 20" square.   
Here's some fabrics I have that I'm debating on, but what should I do???  I love the little bird fabric and was thinking about making corner blocks with that, but that's as far as I can get my muddled brain to go.  Am I being too narrow-minded in sticking to all these same colors?  I do have a pretty substantial stash, but I'm open to all kinds of suggestions.   

Victoria from www.bumblebeans.blogspot.com made a fantastic quilt out of her little block.  Check her blog out - it's a few posts back but well worth the effort of finding it.  (I would link it here if I could figure it out!) (At this point while my daughter, www.thetinyhummingbird.blogspot.com, reads this I can imagine her rolling her eyes, or sighing in frustration :-)  Good thing she loves me!
So, I would greatly appreciate some input from all you creative geniuses out there!  And thanks in advance!


2 comments:

  1. Don't we love our techies who know how to do it all? Your square is cute! What do you feel like doing-log cabin squares around? It'll hit you, just leave it hanging around....
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a nice block......maybe add multiple borders with some piecing? I love the red fabric with white in your picture for a border. I'm stuck on picking out colors for my next block in a quilt along! I wish you luck.....I'm sure it will turn out great :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!