Saturday, February 12, 2011

Back again so soon...

Went to bed 2 1/2 hours ago.  Slept one hour, woke up with heartburn, or something!  So what else to do but finish my lap quilt, or at least the top!  So here is one more picture of it -- no, two. 
And I like it!  I think I've decided what backing to use, also.  

Here it is - more birds, and random color blobs.  I don't have much yardage in my stash at all, and I only have a yard each of these.  Both are from IKEA which I bought probably eight or nine months ago.  (I AM on a fabric diet, after all!)  And why, oh, why, did I only buy one yard of each???  Probably because my darling husband was hovering :-).  (Note to self:  leave him home next time I go to IKEA!)
 Here's a proper picture of the birds:
?  
P.S.  Michele, thanks for becoming a follower of my blog!  Now I can see your English Springer every time I log onto my blog - the pic always makes me smile.  And thanks for your kind remarks.  I HAVE heard of Gwen Marston somewhere along the line.  I will look her up again.  
Now to do some ironing of my recently-sewn log cabin blocks, and maybe cut some 10" squares for a Jazzy Jewels class I'm going to with sister Mary this Thursday night.  More stash-busting!
Must get back to bed soon, too, hopefully to SLEEP, and not toss and turn!  Church tomorrow!
G'night and take care!

4 comments:

  1. I have some of that bird fabric from Ikea in the beige colour way, which has shown up here and there, for instance:
    http://www.divaquilts.com/2009/10/berkeley-square.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about the wake up with heartburn, I hope you're doing better.
    Look at you! How creative can you be? I'm glad it has you smiling, Jodi! You did well at having creative freedom here. I love the birds, and the red & white squares you have running it it.
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hovering husband does cramp your style. I can vouch for that. You can just fell them lurking and waiting. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome :) You have a wonderful blog with some amazing projects!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!