Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Easy Street

I haven't linked up but I've been enjoying Easy Street these past weeks.  Here's two of the blocks so far:
And here's some of the piecing:
 My basket was overflowing with all the little pieces.


These little squares are 1 1/2".  I'm taking Jo's advice (Jo's Country Junction) and saving all the little triangles cut off to make these squares for future projects.
Funny thing is, I don't really feel the love with these fabrics.  True to form, instead of doing as Bonnie said and using gray for the first blocks, I went with an army blue.  So matching that with other fabric was almost impossible.  What I did finally go with is what you see, but not my usual type of selection.  I love the black and whites, but the others?  Meh.  Hopefully I'll find someone to love this quilt (when it's finished :-)
(I love yours, Pokey, by the way!  I see you've been keeping up.)
Here's the link if you want to see what others have been doing:
~ Jodi ~

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks wonderful in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I still trying to decide if I'm going to tackle this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your colors, Miss Jodi! I am busy with organizing at home while I'm off, so I'm anxious to get these pieces sewn together. I do love the look of the finish, and I'm considering trying it again in your colors, and not so many scraps but matching yardage...better try to finish what I have going, first!

    Oh, BTW, I also saved my HST cutoffs, I think Bonnie calls them bonus squares. I like to call them redeemed squares, because they would have ended up in the trash if we didn't put value to them... kinda like how we were before Jesus redeemed us ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color choices! Can't wait to see the final result! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're not in love with your Easy Street colours, they go great together.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!