Friday, December 7, 2012

Whole cloth quilt

 How old this is, I have no idea.  I received it from a coworker whose partner's 85-yr-old mom recently passed away.  She hand-quilted most of this, and beautifully.  I am honored and humbled to finish it, although my hand-quilting skills are amateurish, at best.  I also received the quilting hoop which is on a stand.  You can see in the above photo the dark lines of her basting stitches and her quilting.  The entire quilt is stamped with a very nice pattern.
Both front and back fabrics are a soft muslin, and she was using a creamy cotton thread.  I hope to be able to find out more about the quilter and the quilt and share it with you.  I also want to put her name on the label, and then when I have completed it, I will ask if her daughter would like it back.  (I kind of hope she says no) 

~ Jodi ~  

3 comments:

  1. Saw this today and wondered about it... very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia decided to decorate the quilt you gave her... What is the best way to clean it without ruining it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful quilt, I would offer it back as well, but like you would be hoping she said no. The quilting hoop looks quite large, I'm sure that your quilting will have improved by time you complete it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!