Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm back...

not that I went anywhere, just busy and didn't feel like blogging, then Google had issues, etc., etc.  But here's some pics of what I've been up to.  I made this using a tutorial from Karen of http://lisnaweary-quilts.blogspot.com/:
And still not being in the mood to finish quilting the border of the postage stamp quilt, I started "making fabric", first using Victoria's guidelines on her blog, Bumblebeans, which I believe I neglected to take a picture of my fabric, and then Aneela's blog, Comfortstitching.
Pink with teapot featured (I wish I used my pink bicycles),

Yellow with mushrooms,

                                                                   Green with zoo animals,

Black with peacock, and

 blue with Happy Campers featured!




 

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous colourful blocks Jodi. My motto is to blog when I want to (time permitting of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun crazy blocks, Jodi! You'll have one happy quilt. Thank you for sharing the link to the hippy square, too, I was trying to draw something like that a couple of weeks back. Blogging is to be a good share place, not another demand on our time. Your friends will be there when you can share, I've learned. Bless you for being honest about it!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, this first one looks complicated & the other colourful ones looks really fun to work with! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first block, clever use of fabric to get the woven effect, I will be checking out that tutorial. I haven't tried making the crazy blocks yet, plenty of scraps ready to go, it's always interesting to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are so bright and cheery - love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your colorful blocks. That first block is really interesting. I love the woven look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your crazy blocks! What are you doing with them? Also your first block is fantastic and it does indeed look a bit complicated. Will head over to see the tutorial you've used. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of fabrics you have - and I have the pink bicycles, is it the Heather Ross ones? Love them. They're just like the purple dragster my little brother had when we were kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you are not a lazy a@s at all!!

    I know what you mean though, if you can put something off til later...

    Loving your patchwork!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  10. they look great! you should post these over at 15 minutes play...;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!