Monday, January 17, 2011

All wound up and logs on a wall

This is a "California Job Box" (printers used to use these drawers to put the letters of the alphabet in) according to my hubby, which I finally located up in my attic where its lived for the past ten years, maybe more.  I originally had it on my kitchen wall with miniatures in it, and when I relegated it to the attic I knew someday I would find another use for it.  I saw this use on someone's blog - cannot for the life of me remember who, but I love the idea.  Maybe you have a California Job Box hanging around your house doing nothing but collecting dust? 
And here are my logs on the wall.  Very traditional, but I like it nonetheless.  I'm using up scraps, did not buy any fabric!  
On another note, I just discovered that I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by Shruti!  Thanks so much, Shruti - what an honor!  Out of all the incredibly talented bloggers out there, you picked me?!?!?  I have to pick three people now, too!  It's going to be tough, let me tell you!  Every day I so look forward to spending time on Google reader to see what will knock my socks off, and I'm invariably never disappointed.  So stay tuned - I will be nominating three of my favorites, hopefully by the end of the week, but how to choose is a huge difficulty.
Have a good week!  Bless and be blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations for the award! I do not know what a Liebster is, though.?. But I think you are kinda neat, myself.
    I think your type drawer is grand, and so colorful. Mine would be cream, black, and red, lol. But, I DO have a couple of those drawers...!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi, I just wanted to let you know that your house block from the Neighbourhood Blogland giveaway at Love Laugh Quilt was in the group I won. Thanks for doing such a wonderful creative job. I have it shown on my blog today. Riel
    www.quispamsisquilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!