Friday, August 31, 2012

I finished this table runner for a friend,

but I do believe I messed it up with the quilting.
 Asian fabrics, disappearing 9-patch,
 buttery-colored silky fabric for the border,
very good quality Waverly backing fabric


 I did a pretty good job on the FMQ until I got to the borders.  I got impatient and just wanted it done, so I got real sloppy - blech.  And now that I've pointed it out to you, you probably agree.  But it's a silky fabric and all those tiny stitch holes will in no way disappear.  The friend that I'm giving it to doesn't know anything about quilting, so I'm hoping she will like it anyway.  She showed me some pictures of her dining room and these colors and fabrics will go nicely.
Anita, I hope you received your package today!  I know Barbara did - thanks for the nice email, Barbara.  How did the quilt come out in the wash?
Have a great weekend, everyone.  May you bless and be blessed!
~ Jodi ~

3 comments:

  1. How could she not love it!!! FMQ can make one crazy and wears out the shoulders, I so understand your pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will love it, and that it was made with love by YOU. That's the bestest part ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!