Tuesday, May 3, 2011

NSQG Show

I went on a bus trip to Somers, NY, on Saturday to a quilt show.  Here's a miniscule amount of what I saw and liked:  a pineapple quilt:
 Mostly, if not all, Asian fabrics:

Maybe called a string quilt:  (gorgeous)

The white fabric had handwriting on it:
And saving the very best for last for those of you still tarrying with me, I sat in the auditorium for close to an hour and listened to Rosalie Dace from Africa.  I was entralled!  (As you know, post pics never can convey the beauty of fabric that you can actually touch and feel).  But look:

(Blogger is treating me badly!  I've already posted this twice and it keeps cutting off my last paragraph!)  Here goes again:  Rosalie only brought two quilts with her, but she had a wonderful slide show of lots of her incredible work.  She hosts five-day workshops in the US, which I would LOVE to go on someday!  (And I've forgotten what else I wanted to say, thanks to blogger)  So I hope you've enjoyed by offerings for today, those of you who are still tarrying with me after all those pics. 
Bless and be blessed!
~ Jodi ~

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos of the quilt show. The two quilts by Ms. Dace are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are amazing quilts!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!