Here is a little survey I took which you might want to participate in also:
Show Us Your Stash ~ Thread
The following questions are related to this blog post:
* How did you select colors for your personal thread collection?
Answer: Usually schlep to the store with my fabric and play the matchy-matchy game.
* Do you always match the color perfectly to your project?
Answer: Usually, because I'm always afraid a stitch might show!
* Do you ever use contrasting thread?
Answer: I think about it, but then usually chicken out. I need some courage.
* Do you use the same color in the bobbin as the upper thread?
Answer: Always, unless I'm quilting, which I've only done two or three quilting projects to date.
* What if a fabric has big areas of very different colors?
Answer: Big dilemma for me! I suppose I would use a neutral.
* Do you have any tips or suggestions about choosing thread?
Answer: I can't say that I do, but I wish I did!
* Can you show us a picture(s) of your thread collection?
Answer: I could, but my threadbare (no pun intended) supply is not available right now due to its location in another town (at home, and I'm not).
* Do you ever buy thread because you fall in love with the color (without a particular project in mind)?
Yes! What fun!
* Do you "invest" in thread?
I think so when I spend $8 on one spool!
* What types of thread do you have? (elastic, quilting, all-purpose, wool, etc.)
Metallic, quilting, hand quilting, cotton, polyester.