Thursday, September 15, 2011

Okay, so my life has been in...

disarray:
But look at my cute little Tomte doll:

and one more:
She's a bit wonky, but it was fun making her.  The pattern is from the "Scandinavian Stitches" book, http://syko.typepad.com/syko/2010/11/on-tour.html.

Here's something else I accomplished recently:
I made this quilt last Christmas for my family Christmas party Yankee swap.  I told my niece (the winner of it) I needed it back to complete the quilting, which I finally did this week.  I had difficulty parting with it at the time, but I was rushing to finish it the morning of the party so it didn't bother me too much.  Now that I've had it back in my home for the past month or so, I hate giving it back!  I LOVE it.  It's soft as butter, and the colors are wonderful, especially the buttery yellow border. 
(Not-so-nice head shadow - a professional photog I certainly don't pretend to be)
It's going to be a chilly weekend - my niece will be very glad to have it back to snuggle under!
Tomorrow is Friday - yaaay!  Happy weekend, everyone!
~ Jodi ~  

7 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful, I should make one, but a doll sized quilt.... I can not have anymore UFO's : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Tomte doll! That quilt is adorable Jodi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doll is a real cutie. I can see why you would have trouble giving the quilt back, it's lovely, I love how the zig zag stitch you used in the quilting adds a little extra texture to the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks kinda like an eye spy quilt...real cute and I love the back too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those feature fussy cut centers are so fun! Your bright color choices are so eye catching, front and back-I see why you wanted to keep it!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think if you can't bear to give a quilt away, make another! Give it a go - and hopefully you'll still have some gnomes and pushbikes left...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!