Thursday, May 28, 2015

"Fading light" postage stamp quilt

I took these pictures in the fading light of dusk.
My idea in making this quilt was to go gradually from light to dark
 or dark to light, but I was also attempting to only use scraps and not cut into anything larger
 than a scrap.  The backing is Philip Jacobs, I think?
It's going to a good friend at work.  Tomorrow is the last day we will work together as I am being transferred to a different county.  We will miss each other - we've been lunchtime walking partners, among many other things we have in common.
I have been spending some time on Instagram and neglecting my blog.  I hope to get back here more often, though.
xo   ~ Jodi ~

7 comments:

  1. There is always the temptation to cut into the stash when making a scrap quilt, but I think you nailed it Jodi, and yes, the backing fabric is Philip Jacobs. I'm on Instagram too and it is a bit of a time sucker, so many lovely things to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jodi! There are lots of pieces there! It's amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love patchwork quilts!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely finish! A postage stamp quilt has been on my 'to do' list for ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely finish! A postage stamp quilt has been on my 'to do' list for ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't visited your blog in a long time... obviously! If your work has taken you to a different county, does that mean you've moved too? Sure understand about slowing down with the blogging. Me too. Glad you're on IG though!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!